As a follow up action, the Street Mayor asked us to update the Inventory List. The Kapiti Observer published a very handy "BE PREPARED" list this week so at our goal is that at our next street meeting let's ensure the Inventory List has been updated and that we comply with the recommended emergency list of equpment.
And it's probably a good idea to have the supplies in a couple of locations just in case you can't access parts of the property.
And, just as importantly, talk to your children about how to keep safe and how to make contact in the event of an emergency. (See http://www.getthru.co.nz/)
Here's the list:
- 3 litres of water per person, for 3 days (you can add bleach to tank water if needs be)
- Food to last for 3 days
- Torch and spare batteries
- Transister radio and spare batteries
- First aid kit
- A barbeque or portable cooker
- Wind and waterproof clothing, sun hats, and strong outdoor shoes
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Pet supplies
- Toilet paper and large rubbish bags for an emergency toilet
- Face and dust masks