Monday, March 7, 2011

The Great Mulching Debate

I spent the entire day yesterday mulching hedge clippings & a very overgrown & I admit neglected Mock Orange which more resembled Jack's beanstalk with branches towering over the roof of the shed.
Whilst I was standing there posting branches into the mulcher & feeling slightly disgruntled that I don't have time for this I was having this debate with myself & thinking of all the other things I could be doing instead of standing here feeding the hungry machine & wishing that I could multi task. Perhaps it wouldn't be quite so tedious if I could perhaps do some sketching or at least listen to the radio, but not possible due to the ear muffs & safety glasses.
But the other side of the debate was, reducing this huge mountain of green waste to virtually a few loads of compost with the added bonus of some firewood for next year,so I decided that it was well worth the effort & the time.

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment